Welcome to my Musings

Welcome to my blog. This is the first time I have really tried to do this seriously. I need to be able to document my thoughts about things in the world. A few people have suggested that I try using this medium. I likely won't write everyday, but when something is important to me, so that might be several times per week. We'll see how it goes. Who knows, I may decide that I have something worthwhile to say everyday.

Tell me what you think about what I'm saying. Let me know if you see a hole in what I'm saying. All I ask is that you are nice about it. Enjoy!

Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Where will all the young artists go???

There is now some funding now for arts programs that employ or are geared towards youth, but, I beg the question: if arts funding for adults is slashed, what are these kids training for? Once they turn 19, are they screwed? Sure, the numbers in the budget might change, especially if BC residents give their heads a shake and elect a decent government that honestly (there's a word you don't see in the same sentence as government very often) cares about the arts and all of the benefits that strong arts programs provide the general population. It seems very hypocritical for the Liberal government to support and tout the Cultural Olympiad and then turn around and screw-over those very same performers by yanking their funding to do more of what they love. Pretty twisted if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment